Friday, March 23, 2012

Singapore - Recap

So I had about a week in Singapore not too long ago. I just thought I would do a quick lil recap of a few things I did and a few things I ate. Unfortunately I was at a conference for most of the time, where it was mostly hotel food and therefore not incredibly exciting.



One thing I knew I had to do, was check out the TWG cafes/boutiques/tea emporiums. Mum and I chose one of the three (?!) in the Marina Bay Sands for a lil cup of afternoon tea and a couple of macarons.



Their tea menu was seriously ridiculous.




The place was super cute though. Although at S$11 per pot of tea (minimum!) I probably wouldn't do it again…



Mum also insisted we get dumplings at Din Tai Fung.




Doesn't she look pretty? She got a free little make-up touch up thing at an event.



The dumplings were really quite good, the skins fairly thin and a nice tasty soup inside.



We also treated ourselves to a little something special. These two dumplings had truffles in them! At about S$6 a pop, they're a little bit more expensive, but worth every bite! The truffle was so intense and delicious. Oh my lord. Was very tempted to order more. Very tempted.




As we had help check in a friend into the Marina Bay Sands hotel, we had the opportunity to check out the 'sky park' and the famous rooftop pool. It's really something else. That view!



So this is what being a trillionaire would feel like…



Over the weekend I was in a conference, specifically for 'youth', where we discussed personalities, work and had some amazing speakers come in. This guy was one of the activists who helped in the organisation of the January 25th revolution in Egypt in 2011. The stories he had to share, and the innovative ways they had to come up with to spread the word was so fascinating. I know for sure that the entire room was completely transfixed on him when he was speaking!




I attended my first toga party! Equipped with about 7 metres of white fabric (although I hacked off a good couple of metres) and a couple of safety pins...I think i could have a future as a fashion designer! (Or not. I kid). It was so much fun to see how innovative everybody got! We ended up going out clubbing in our togas as well!



The day of my flight, I spent the day doing last minute shopping and popped into the very cute 'Smitten' Coffee and Tea Bar. When I first saw the tea list I thought it was a wee bit pricey (although not as bad as TWG!) but when I realised I got this whole pot to myself…well, I was much more satisfied. I just had their hot assam tea, which was just lovely and soothing. And considering I had lost my voice from partying in my toga, just what I needed that afternoon.


Why do travel weeks disappear so quickly?! I can't believe I was doing all that only three weeks ago now!


TWG Tea Company

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique on the Bridge

The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands

B2-89/89A, 2 Bayfront Avenue,

Singapore


Din Tai Fung

The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands

B2-63/64, 2 Bayfront Avenue,

Singapore


Smitten Coffee and Tea bar

The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay

#01-11, Singapore