Monday, March 19, 2012

Pinotta

I'm usually full of words. And when I eat out, I am brimming with sing-song praises and happy cat sounds, to express my joy of eating of course.




But I don't really feel like I want to say too much about Pinotta, a low-key Italian bistro in Fitzroy North, which I decided Brad and I should visit before I disappeared to Asia for two weeks.





The hand written menu speaks verses, of beautifully thoughtful Italian food. Flavours that are unique yet honest.




From a gorgeous lamb shoulder gnocchi which is incomparable, to a rabbit dish, resting on a bed of soft polenta. It's comforting, like curling up in a blanket and watching the rain outside.



A handful of silverbeet with parmesan and a twist of lemon, for a hint of zest and lip puckering, to offset all the protein…



And a semifreddo laden in bright and sweet strawberries. A joy on the eyes and tastebuds alike.



Pinotta could be that place to have a little special night, with it's crisp linens, or somewhere to warm up and have a lazy meal when you're not in the mood to cook. It's a little understated, unpretentious and totally cosy. My soul longs to return for more of that gnocchi...


Pinotta

32 Best Street

Fitzroy North VIC 3068


Pinotta on Urbanspoon



View I'm So Hungree in a larger map