Saturday, February 5, 2011

LuxBite

Photobucket

Right. Do I need to say anymore?

Other than the adorable, very Parisian setup, friendly owners, beautifully colourful macarons and absolutely adorable desserts, do you need a better reason to visit LuxBite? I certainly didn't, especially since I had the Pan Asian Duckfest on that night as well, it wasn't too far off in the neighbourhood. I love that they're open until 8!

So being the persuasive person (or dictator) I am, I convinced (or maybe directed) Brad to take me to LuxBite to get a macaron fix.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can pop in for coffee, sweets, or even a sandwich or two if you need something savoury. Their selection of sweets are just heart-achingly cute, which may not be so much the guys thing, but I would be amazed if I could find a female who wouldn't fawn over these cuties.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They have a couple of sweets that you are guaranteed to always see (unless they sell out) but they always mix things up every week as well, with something new to, of course, tempt you back (not that it's that difficult).

Photobucket

Photobucket

But I was here on a particular mission this one evening.

Macarons.

The guy just before me took the last kaya toast flavour. Alas!

Fortunately, there is still a rainbow of flavours to choose from, some well loved flavours such as salted caramel, but also ones that you might not find as often, peanut butter and jelly anyone?

As tempting as it was to buy all the flavours and try them all, I decided to get 5. 4 fit neatly into a lovely little box (the packaging is just darling!) and one in a little plastic bag.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I couldn't resist trying the salted caramel while on my way to the Pan Asian Duckfest in the car. Terrible me.

Thecaramel was just lovely, whilst I didn't get as strong a caramel flavour as I was expecting, there was a nice sweetness to it and the texture and density was just lovely. Perfect way to start my night? Just about!

Photobucket

I thought at first after the Pan Asian Duckfest I would be able to have the rest of my macarons as a post-dessert. Let me tell you though, 8 courses later and a couple of bottles in you and you really don't want to eat anything else.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So the next day, I eagerly worked through until 3pm before I pounced into my fridge and got ready to have my macarons with a cup of tea. The other flavours I got were peanut butter and jelly (the light brown one), black forest (dark brown), black sesame (grey speckled) and pina colada (only one left right?).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whilst the salted caramel was nice the night before, the rest of my macarons were absolutely to die for. My favourite would have easily, easily been the peanut butter and jelly, it's like eating a mini-sized sweet sandwich. And I loooove peanut butter.

The pina colada was exceptionally interesting, I'm really not fond of the cocktail, but the pineapple flavour from the macaron was really lovely and the coconut on the outside made it nice and refreshing.

Black forest, it's chocolate. How can you fail? And I always love Japanese inspired macaron flavours, I love black sesame ice-cream and I wasn't let down by the macaron version either. I found that the macarons texture was consistent throughout, which left me just reveling in and enjoying the flavours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I thought I would be good and only eat half of each and save the other half for Brad for when he came over the next day.

I am a terrible girlfriend.

Ended up eating them all the next morning.

Whoops!

But that's okay. Because I took him back yesterday (with my camera battery dead) and we munched on rocky road (with mini marshmallows inside! Gorgeous!) and caramel slice macarons and had a chocolate delice, a small looking piece of chocolate....I don't know how to describe it. Rich, dense chocolate with peanut brittle. I couldn't finish it. It was that rich and sinful. And I loooove my rich chocolate desserts. Very much looking forward to maybe trying their mango meringue and other goodies....

I only wish I lived a bit closer to LuxBite so I could pop in for afternoon tea and a spot of reading all the time...

38 Toorak Road
South Yarra, 3141

LuxBite on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. Hi...)
    Have you caught on to macarons as well?
    Are they not the best...I love them in Norway as well...

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, PB & J macarons? amazing. I also love the sound of the black sesame. Good on them for donating. Great incentive to buy, too ;)
    Heidi xo
    p.s. im a little in love with your picture of the blackberry tart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? When you mentioned about luxbite over twitter, I was like thinking "Luxbite???" Now that you spoke about macarons, I recalled that someone recommended luxbite to me not too long ago.

    Based on your review, they sound really lovely. Must give them a try. Fortunately, luxbite is still reachable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo did I hear kaya toast macarons?? I waaant!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I gotta make my way down to this place once and for all!

    It reminds me of the the macarons in Japan...so many flavours but so little time...

    p.s. Yay for adding the name/URL field in so I can finally comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YUM! I've been meaning to visit this place for the longest time. Apparently they were selling vegemite macarons at one stage as well?! :-o

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl in Oslo - Yes! I'm so crazy about macarons these days :)

    Heidi - I know, who needs a better reason to buy macarons?! (Not that you ever need a reason...)

    Michelle - Haha, hooray, I'm glad you may be able to try them out ;)

    Bryan - I KNOW RIGHT?! I think I may even go down today and pick some up..

    Adrian - Oh man, tell me about it! :) Japan is terrible for the food wanderer/lover....and you're very welcome, I didn't realise I made my blog so inaccessible! :s

    Libby - Yes! For australia day, they were the special ones along with rocky road (which is more my thing. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally got round to going to Luxbite too. The macarons are delicious. You have to try the raspberry white chocolate and watermelon yoghurt too, amazing.

    ReplyDelete