Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NYC - Chikalicious Dessert Club

Two of my favourite things.

Ice-cream.

Macarons.

An edition of Timeout magazine in New York did a special on ice-cream sandwiches, which all looked absolutely delectable but my eye zoomed in on the ice-cream MACARON sandwich by Chikalicious Dessert Club.

A new quest had been found. For the next week and a half I carried the magazine around in my handbag as a reminder that I had a quest to devour this ingenious creation and so of course I was thrilled that it was super close to Momofuku noodle bar where we had lunch and even though I was absolutely full from beef brisket and rice, there is always room for dessert!







It is so easy to get distracted from one's purpose...but I would stay focused!





We discovered that there was a standard sized macaron ice-cream sandwich and a bigger one, with a macaron shell that was 3 inches in diameter!

David decided he would give the 3 inch monster a stab, but I opted to be conservative and stay with my standard sized treat with rich Valrhona chocolate.



It certainly did not disappoint, especially on that hot day and I found my compact sized made for a much easier and satisfying eat, each bite being filled with ice-cream, as opposed to David's beast which as you can see in the photos, was crumbling apart as he ate it!



I also could not resist trying one of their macarons and went for the salted caramel. Oh. My. Gosh. I don't think I've ever had as delicious a salted caramel macaron as that one. It was certainly sweet and opulently rich, but also balanced perfectly with the right amount of salt and the texture was fantastic.







Chill having had the lightest lunch between the three of us, decided to be even more ambitious than David and I and went for the ice-cream eclair sandwich! Just look at that beast! A slightly messy eat, due to the amount of ice-cream in there but also a fun way to have dessert.

If I had time I would've loved to go to the Dessert bar across the road to try their dessert degustation, but alas, that would have to be a mission for another day...

Chikalicious Desert Club
East Village
204 E 10th st
Chikalicious Dessert Club on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment