Thursday, December 17, 2009

Death Cookies

Another cooking post!

And this time guys, I have a recipe for you!







When I was in primary school, my mum had this recipe we made for these AMAZING peanut butter, chocolate chip and banana cookies. We used to make them fairly regularly and they were a hit with my friends and classmates and just about everyone in the neighbourhood.

They were terribly decadent, soft and just...my mouth dies. They were so good.

And then for the longest time, we didn't make them.

A few years back I randomly recalled these cookies and tried to make them, with the very vague memory I had of the recipe, but they came out very soft and not particularily manageable.

The main things I remember for this recipe is that, it took one 375g jar of peanut butter. Yup. one whole jar.

So with a few of mum's suggestions two days ago, we tried a few things and have come up with a recipe that works pretty darn well!

So here's my very simple and actually, very quick recipe for what I call 'Death Cookies'.

Ingredients:
- 375g of peanut butter (one standard jar from the supermarket)
- 2 large bananas
- 1 egg
- half a cup of plain flour
- half a cup of self raising flour
- as many chocolate chips as you want

Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (Celsius that is)

- Mash the bananas in a bowl

- Combine the mashed bananas with the whole jar of peanut butter

- Put in all the other ingredients and continue to mix everything together until it comes to a nice thick consistency

- Get a spoon and make balls of the mixture on a baking paper lined tray. Size of the cookies is up to you I suppose!

- Pop into the oven for 12-15 minutes until it smells delicious.

- Take out of the oven and allow to cool

- When it's cooled and firmed up enough, EAT!

1 comment:

  1. Hi:)
    Love your photos:) don´t change:)

    Cookies - you can´t live with them - and you can´t live without them:)

    Have a good day, sp

    ReplyDelete